Thursday, December 22, 2016

Post title



I realised just today, perhaps a bit too late for a 24 year existence, that the company you keep can really effect your mood. I've been working here for close to 4 months now and I felt social just today - I was being rather chatty and giving out personal details, chatting in elevators about elevators. I realise I can be quite social when I want to   am randomly feeling upbeat. It could be cause I travel to bombay today.

I also just realised that it's been exactly a year since I last posted here. That's not cool. What am I now so afraid about posting online non-anonymously. I've been here since, what, 2009?*

So about the company you keep, well, if you don't feel particularly *good* about yourself it might be external to some extent... but I know it takes me time and people mean no harm often don't intend their harm. And I am all about the intentions.

People like to gossip, people like to ostracise. Individual persons perhaps don't but social groups can be quite, quite cruel. Lord of the Flies, William Golding, you are a mastermind. You got it so so right.

*2007

1 comment:

Shashi Singh said...

I was watching Silver Linings Playbook on Amazon Prime :). An hour and ten minutes into the movie, there is a scene where Tiffany says to Pat "Football stays out of this place, so does Lord of the Flies" and she throws out the book and newspaper and later goes on to summarise what the Lord of the Flies is all about. When I saw that scene, I paused and was like, Wait! Tanya had mentioned Lord of the Flies in a blog post if I remember correctly.

And so I visited the blog and Voila! :) I then proceeded to Google about what is "The Lord of the Flies" all about and turns out that they have made a movie about it as well and as a kid, I remember watching that movie because my dad was watching it. I of course didn't really understand it much then but Tiffany's summary in the movie is how my dad had also summed it up. It brought a smile to my face because I always thought my dad would not get along well with you, but I think I would have been wrong about that.

Anyway, thank you for taking me to that movie.